Friday, September 21, 2018

A Magpie and a Sparkly Thing

Yesterday was cool and lovely. We loved it when we had to go outside. This morning it is 4C, sunny, foggy, and cool. We are ushering in the fall season according to the weather forecast. 

Lifestyle

I made the bed and was working through the plan of tidying up the house. The Spousal Unit came in and said he need to make his saw horses. He kept on talking and I gave it half my attention until........Mention I can park the car in the garage this winter was the big sparkly thing that this magpie grabbed onto. I was out in the garage in a flash. To heck with the house. 
We worked out there most of the morning. Items were moved from one side of the garage to the other. The floors were swept clean, the window washed, and the saw horses made. We moved the chop saw into its place, measured and the car can fit in there is winter. The clean up is done and there is a bit more for the Spousal Unit to do on his bench. 
To end the morning, I did some paint removal on the cute little table I bought in August. Ideas are floating in my head on how to make it cuter. While I was dreaming I got two of the three legs stripped. 
 The third leg was drilled out after I got the first layer of paint off the bottom shelf. My thoughts are leaning to paint the legs in an off white paint and stain the shelves in an American stain (dark and similar to walnut). 

Sewing

As we focused on the garage cleaning and the saw horses, the Spousal Unit only got the moulding and baseboards out of the room and the entry way vacuumed. We did talk about the new moulding, baseboard and the crown moulding we to put in the house. Other than that, nothing. 
I decided to cut out items to sew if I can work in the sewing room or make after the sewing room is done. I made Laura this dress and hat way back when. 
I cut out a shirt pattern to use as a jacket over the dress. 
The pocket (which I may omit), cuff, and collar are cut on the bias. There is still fabric left from both the chambray and the plaid. 
Next up, I cut out Everything Bags. I have larger scraps to use up for the outside of the bags. First up is the frog bag. I have enough material cut for 2 bags. I need to find cotton to finish up the bags. I'm thinking lime green cord for one bag and, hopefully, red for the other one. 
The next two bags are sports related. I have cut out two of them and need to buy the lining fabric if I don't have any. 
I'd like to do the cord in orange or brown for these two bags. I need to buy the lining for them. I have enough of the sports fabric left to make a grocery bag. That will get cut out today so I can make a list of what I need to buy to finish these projects. 

Today

I need to clean the house up and vacuum the sewing room. These are non-negotiable jobs for today as we will be out tomorrow and Sunday. 
Until the next time......................

No comments:

Post a Comment