Sunday, September 09, 2018

I Think I am a Slob

Yesterday with a gorgeous sunny day. Not too cool but not too warm. Love these late summer days. 

Lifestyle

I have come to the conclusion I am a slob. Not a slob who needs to purge their house. We did that with our move across Canada. I think I am a slob who needs to keep up with the decluttering. I think I become blind to my/our mess/clutter. I also leave messes for later and then they seem to multiply and take over areas of our house.
I need to have daily routines. Like most normal people do. My daily routine of cleaning the kitchen every night helps to keep our kitchen clean and the coffee maker ready to turn on in the morning. But, I don't sweep our floor daily and I don't wash it weekly. There is a spot I need to improve on. 
Clutter abounds on our dining room table. I push it around until it is so deep that we can't use it properly. Then I deal with it. I need to work on that area. 
I have other areas I need to work on and keep it up. So, I think I am in rehab as I start once again getting the house in ship shape. 
I did clean the bedroom to within an inch of its life. The fluff and white dust are gone, the bed has been made. I am keeping an eye on the room. The plan: dust and sweep it once a week. Chose a day and do it along with changing the sheets. 
I cleaned the bathroom yesterday. It was dirty and dusty. A couple of hours had it done. We have a jetted tub that we hate. I was going to wipe it out but my hip hurt so bad that I ended up dusting it. Really, I would love to get rid of the tub and small shower and put in a proper bath tub. I'm not sure what we will do in there and are living with it right now. I need to wipe the counter/sinks and mop the floor daily. 
Other things I did yesterday:

  • did 1 load of laundry and folded two loads. 
  • swept all the floors upstairs plus the cathedral entrance. Grass, fluff, and cat hair are basically gone. 
  • run the dishwasher and emptied it. 
  • cleaned the kitchen ready for today. 
It was good to get that much done. 

Sewing

Rather than go down and clean up the sewing room to paint, I had a nap. The pain in my hip exhausted me. After said nap, I did sew the second pillow case. Yes!! I now can move onto the rest of the soccer fabric and sew it up. I am a happy camper and want to finish up the fabric. 
I know I am a slob in the sewing room. Not so much that it cuts into my creativity but enough that it slows it down. Add the wall color and some days I struggle to get anything done. I need to kick my butt into gear and get it ready to paint. 

Today

I need to 
  • tidy up bedroom and bathroom
  • clear clutter off table and one piece of counter
  • start cleaning up and out the sewing room
If I have enough time, I would love to cut out and reusable shopping bag. 
Wish me luck at getting this done. The hip is feeling better and I need to move forward. 
Until the next time................................

No comments:

Post a Comment