Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Sewing Room Empty Out

This morning the temperature was warmer than the last two days and it has been sprinkling. We are to get rain today as tropical depression Gordon hits us. 

Lifestyle

This morning Elliott went to the vet. Teeth cleaning day for him and he will be gone until about 4 pm. Before we left at 8 a.m., I had made the bed and put on a load of laundry. Not bad for me. I still need to dust, wipe the bathroom and empty the dishwasher. 
I have been doing better. The last few days I have done a concerted effort at getting things done. The dining room table is virtually clear. Just a couple of notes and my charge card. It goes to the garbage as it has been compromised. I get a new card sometime this week. 
Yesterday afternoon, we stood and admired the plants in the front border of the house across the street. I love her plants as they look soft and pretty. 
Makes us want to dig up our yard and redo it. We did have the lawn guy in to spray for weeds. We don't have many but we want to keep them under control. Anyways, I am dreaming of getting a standard hydrangea to replace one of our yucky trees. 

Sewing

I dug my heels in and worked in the sewing room most of the day. It started out looking almost like this. 
The quilting cottons were gone and in here. 
Where the shelving rack is, this area could become the doll corner when the shelving rack is gone. It goes when I can fit all the stash into a dresser.  
The closet is a real disaster. I want it cleaned out and two dressers put in. One for fabric storage and one for doll clothes and seasonal items. 
I gathered up all the batting and hung my head in shame. I don't quilt but I have enough to make a couple of quilts. 
There is some fusible fleece in that pile for bags so I'm okay with that. There is some batting for a quilt and a table runner to donate or sell. That will be two UFOs finished. Just to be safe, I kept it all. 
I slugged and hauled and worked until about 3 p.m. Here is the rack and the closet after all that work. 
The tub is crystals and I haven't touched the beads and crystals yet. 
Still more to go but a decent amount of stuff was removed. 
The tubs and boxes look like this in the family room. 
Three rows of stuff. But look! An empty tub. The doll's fabric has gone from 4 tubs to 3. A big YES!
The blue tub has pictures in it and is not part of the sewing room. Did I get rid of stuff. Yes. Some rayon knit that I hate and some fabric which is literally scraps and unusable. It would all fit in that empty tub on the shelf. Not bad in my mind. 
Is the cutting table empty? Nope. I have fabric on it to make some of these bags. My favorite bag to make. I started off with this one and ended up buying the pattern for all the sizes. 

Today

I still need to wipe the bathrooms, dust the bedroom, empty the dishwasher, and tidy up this mornings breakfast mess. Dinner is planned, the laundry is in the dryer and the dryer is doing a self clean cycle (3 hrs and 15 mins). When all this is done, its back to the sewing room to unpack more of it ready to sand the walls. I have until 4 p.m. to work on it. Then its off to pick up Elliott. Maybe he will cuddle a bit and maybe not. 
Until the next time....................

No comments:

Post a Comment