Saturday, September 22, 2018

For The Life Of Me

Yesterday was lovely in the morning and cloudy in the late afternoon. It got to 18C and was nice. So nice we opened the garage door to warm up the space. This morning, it is 18C, windy and it's trying to rain. 

Lifestyle

I am at Go Me. I got the upstairs cleaned except for the guest room. It needs to be tidied up but nothing major except for the built in vacuum hose and attachments. The house is ready for the weekend. 
I also worked some on the little table. The first shelf is stripped and I'm on the second one now. Stripping paint, varnish and stain takes a lot of elbow grease. The second shelf has had the first coat removed on one side. One more of stripping paint and then we tackle the varnish and stain. Won't happen until Tuesday. 

For The Life Of Me.......

Every now and again, I get sucked into Pinterest's Black Hole. Yesterday was one of those days. I typed in "lazy Susan organization" and I was down their black hole. 
Why did I type that in? I have two of those monsters in the kitchen. And I hate them as I can't seem to organize them to my satisfaction. 
Why? Because everything seems to fly off them in to the back corner where man nor beast can barely get to. I don't know how many times I've unloaded a lazy Susan to get the lost items out so we can use them. In this house one lazy Susan has a cat bowl and the cat's measuring cup on it and the other one has the containers for left overs in it. Not a lot as I hate the thought of digging into the back for the stuff that could fly off those revolving shelves. 
I swear if I take out all the cupboards in this kitchen and start again there would be zero of them in there. It probably won't happen so no use dreaming about it. So, I need to think about organizing those lazy Susans. They sure aren't going to do it themselves. So I am going to come up with a plan of attack that may entail moving a lot of stuff around in the kitchen. And it is going to mean a trip to the dollar store or Ikea for containers to organize the items I want to put into said spaces. I'm thinking and am coming up with The Plan. Even if I hate them, I need to figure out how to use them effectively as they are now wasted space. 

Sewing

I did spend some time downstairs with the rotary cutter. I spent the time cutting out a grocery bag (that needs a lining) from the sports fabric. 


Then I got out the remaining soccer fabric from grandson's pillow cases and cut out a grocery bag and an Everything bag. I need to find the black cotton in the furthest tub from the front to finish it. Here is the pile of soccer fabric I've cut out. 
All the remaining scraps are in the garbage can. Yes!!
While I was cleaning the house, stripping furniture and cutting out fabric, the Spousal Unit sanded the wall in the sewing room. He is now ready to vacuum the floor. Then I will wipe the walls and he can do the filling.  He rocked it yesterday. 

Today

We are heading out the to Exhibition for the day. We have several things we want to see that are new to us and several things that we've seen or been involved in. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment