Wednesday, September 26, 2018

More Controlled Hoarding in the Sewing Room

Yesterday was cool but sunny. This morning, it is 12C and raining. It seems as if it could rain until tomorrow. We do need the moisture so we aren't complaining. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I gave myself a big kick in the butt and did some housework. I cut the work load into areas with rewards after cleaning up each area. 
I started out in the master bedroom. I took down the room-darkening-fabric-that-should-be-curtains-but-isn't as the sun isn't as hot as it was during the summer. I folded the load-of-clothes-that-wasn't-done-last-week-and-forgotten-about. After the clothes were put away, the bed was stripped, room dusted, and floor swept. Reward - spreading paint stripper on the second shelf of the table. 
Next up came the bathroom. I've been doing a pretty good job of keeping this room clean so it was easy to do. The extra job was washing the floor, especially behind the toilet. White fluff loves to live in that area. Reward - scraping the goop off the table. 
Last was the kitchen. I swept the floor, emptied the dishwasher, washed a few dishes from this morning, put away the crock pot, wiped the counters and stove, and washed the floor. Reward - a cup of tea and doing nothing for 15 minutes. 
The laundry was going all morning and into the afternoon. But it has been dealt with and I'm happy, happy, happy that it is all folded and put away and the bed was made. 
Go Me!!

Sewing Room

The Spousal Unit is putting mud on the drywall to bring it up to a Grade B level. If I let him do a Grade A level, I'd never get to paint the room. He'd be skim coating every inch of those walls as he wants perfection. Perfection isn't needed so he is doing the next best; almost perfection. We have this joke about Grade A and B as it really is our way of saying an excellent and great job of fixing the walls. 
Just before lunch, I got out the doll's notion's tub to look for red piping and none was to be found. Red bias tape that I can make into binding. Lots of it. So it is out waiting for me to make the decision. I probably will make use it even if it isn't piping. 
Next I opened the top of the desk and took out the vast majority of the jewelry making supplies. Two baskets full of the stuff. 
It was neatly stored in its space and it was controlled hoarding. Controlled hoarding as I have used very little of it since moving here. I dumped it all out on the coffee table. 
And I looked up to see Elliott feasting on the shamrock. It isn't the first time in the last week that he's feasted on it. Look at how few leaves there are. 
I got after him so he climbed up on the chair and settled down to nap behind me. He is a chair hog (and a bed hog too). I started sorting the stuff out. The bigger of the two baskets is donate, the smaller is keep. 
The keep basket ready to be put away. 
The donate basket ready to be bagged and donated. 
I had these lovely crystals in the drawer. They were gifted to me and I wasn't sure what to do with them. 
The clear ones I kept. The smoky ones were donated. The water bottle will be trashed as soon as I get a new one. It is so tippy that I'm afraid it will fall over with the lid open and ruin a piece of furniture. 
I took the keep pile and put everything away. I don't feel like I'm hoarding stuff for a rainy day that will never come. I feel lighter. And happier. 

Today

I'm out making sandwiches this morning. Then it will be sanding the closet and windows and wiping them so I can be ready to paint when I get the go ahead. 
Until the next time...................

No comments:

Post a Comment