Thursday, September 20, 2018

Focus, Focus, Focus

Yesterday we had some rain. Not a lot but more than they forecasted. The high was 18C and quite nice outside. This morning was 11C and cool. Probably no rain today. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday, prior to leaving for the morning, I made the bed and the Spousal Unit emptied the dishwasher. I did do a quick check and everything looked tidy. I did clean the kitchen last night; a great habit to have. 
I went back to WW last night and, let's say, I need to focus on myself again. I did a lot of comfort eating while my back was sore. It is much better and I need to move back to healthy eating. I hate changing my goal date all the time. This week I have to track my food. I am adding it to the things I need to do daily. 
I have to say, being a slob with an overactive mind, that I can do something and totally forget what I did. The Spousal Unit has a cute little red pry bar to take off moulding. I brought it down from the shed and, for the likes of me, I could not find it. After said moulding was removed, the Spousal Unit found it in with the paint that I neatly stored in the garage. I do remember saying I would put it there as we would use it when painting. In the brain, out of the brain. 

Sewing

The sewing room has all the moulding and baseboards off it. The Spousal Unit is doing some repairs to the drywall. We bought the mud yesterday. We then went out to get more sandpaper blocks. I found a mesh sanding paper for the big hand sander which is turning out to be a great investment. Reminder to self -- when we put it away, remember to put it in the dry wall supplies tub. 
I took the sewing machines out of the sewing room so they won't get dust on and in them. I won't be sewing until after we have the last coat of paint on. I have decided to cut out a bunch of items, label what they are and sew them up when I set up my machine. An hour a day should give me quite the pile and, hopefully, not a huge mess. I can press interfacing onto the pieces if necessary. I can also trace a pattern as I think I have enough tracing material to do one pattern. 
I am trying to turn of my over active mind and focus on what I can do right now and sew when I have the sewing room back. I can't be looking at other projects I could do. The slob in me could have a real hay day and be up to my knees in the mess as I haul it out of the boxes and tubs. Not Going To Happen.

Knitting

I put the buttons on the Billie Baby Jacket I knit prior to the hot weather settling in. It is ready to be put away for sale. I need to finish up the beaded sweater as a trial and get it put away as a reference for the pattern. It is not for sale. When done, I will be knitting a little shrug for Laura's dress and hat. It is cool enough to start knitting again. 

Today

I need to do some tidying up in the house, remove nails from moulding and prep it for garbage. Then I will treat myself to cutting out some Everything Bags and a shirt for the dolls. The size I am making is the one in the free tutorial even though I have the pattern to make all the sizes. I like this size the best. I'm going to stay focused and it is hard when my brain is jumping all over the place. 
Until the next time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment