Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Test Pattern Completed

On Tuesday it was 20C and humid outside at 6 a.m. There was a rain shower some time during the night. It kind of felt yucky out there. The a/c was on to help keep us feeling cool. This morning it is 10C and clear. 

Lifestyle

It is officially fall in my books as it is the first day of school for the children. It still feels a bit bittersweet that I am not going to school even after being retired for 8 years. I guess it's in my blood. 
I been thinking about our house. I still haven't finished cleaning the kitchen and need to get back at that as it is almost done. I have to clean the bottom cupboards and the stove and I am done. It is much better organized each time I do a good cleaning. 
I keep thinking of how to organize better and keep the house looking neat and tidy. We do have piles of messes here and there. I know it isn't about more storage containers to corral our items. It is more about getting rid of the excess. I still look at things and say "Do I need it?" Yes to a small baking sheet to put the toaster on, no to another set of measuring spoons. I am also going to have to figure out what to do with all our receipts. I have every one of them from Feb. 1 when I started our budget.  
I am also thinking about what I want to make. I do not want to have so much that it becomes a negative over a positive. It hit me when I saw this bullet journal page. 
I started to think about the needs for our house. I began with the front porch. I have been working on our fall display. I had big ideas for 4 different arrangements but that fell through. Fall and summer prevail with making a fall display. The front porch needs look like this:

  • Our welcome mat is in the garage and it will be going out once we redo the boards on our front porch. It will reside in the garage in the winter. The wind blows it onto the lawn or into a mess in the corner. 
  • Fall display -- flower arrangement, crate, Welcome Fall sign and a pumpkin I will buy when I get a 50% off coupon. 
  • Solar jars for spring, summer and fall. I need 4 more jars for the steps. They will come inside when it gets cold.
  • Door wreath is one we have and love. It will go up from Spring to late fall. 
  • Winter display will be a pot of greens that can be for Christmas and winter. The snow blows into our porch so we need to be able to clear the deck and steps off quickly during storms 
  • Spring/summer is 3 pots. They will be filled with geraniums, spikes, and lilies. Upright and not all over the deck boards. This year the petunias and other greens took over the front porch. 
  • In front of the garage is two pots that will be the same as the front porch except it can have some spillers in them. They will go away for the winter. 
In the end, we didn't have to buy a lot. Plants for summer and the items I bought for fall.  

Sewing

I spent quite a bit of time sewing Monday and Tuesday. A sneak peek at what I am doing. When shown, this has used up 1 meter of fabric. 
I can't show it all as this pattern hasn't been published. Soon I hope. 
The sewing room is a mess at the moment. I am getting ready to paint it and need to get stuff out of there and the furniture covered.  I want to have access to some of my stuff as I want to cut out a bunch of grocery bags. Each bag takes 2 meters of fabric and a good meter of craft weight interfacing. I am looking forward to some easy sewing as I paint the sewing room. 

Today

We have to head out and get the sewing room paint plus a pumpkin for the fall display. Then it's home to start cleaning up the sewing room to paint it. 
Until the the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment