Wednesday, September 12, 2018

A Vision That is Blurry

We had rain yesterday and an inch fell. The temperature hovered around 18C all day and it was just what everyone wanted. During the night, the temperature rose to 20C and we had a total of 1.5 inches of rain. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday was Elliott's tooth cleaning day. Before he went to the vets, I had done a load of laundry and made the bed. He was home by noon acting a bit drunk. He had a couple of good naps and ate canned cat food and now thinks life is excellent. He is mad at us which is normal for him. 
After I got home from taking Elliott to the vet, I dusted the bedroom and wiped down the bathroom. I emptied the dishwasher and made sure the kitchen was clean. I put the laundry into the dryer and at 10 a.m. I folded it and put most of it away. GO ME!
My sore hip is getting better. It was tired after lunch so I put some stuff on it plus the hot water bottle. I read until I fell asleep. Pain sure makes me tired. I didn't feel too bad about sleeping as the Spousal Unit fell asleep also. 

Sewing

I hustled down to the basement to work on the sewing room in the morning. I started off in the closet and took everything out container by container. I did a bit of organizing and got it all done by 11 a.m. My big embarrassment was the tub with fabric for a shopping bag that was purchased 8.5 years ago. 
I'm over half way done clearing out the room and happy I chose the worst side first. I have to tackle the other half Thursday. It won't be as hard. So far it looks like this in the family room.


And a bit more on the other side of the TV stand. I said something to the Spousal Unit about not putting it all back in and he said I would get it all back in. That means big sewing plans for this winter. 
The cutting table looked like this before I got it ready to put down the sides. 
That isn't bad. A UFO and some projects I want to make prior to starting the big projects. 
I am thinking about how to set up the room once it is painted. I need to really get my organization thoughts into high gear. I need to find organizational solutions that will work for me in this room. I know I want this room to have:

  • reading area for my chair and book case
  • yarn area - tiny space that holds the cube I keep the yarn in. I need new baskets for it in grey or black rather than lime green (What was I thinking???) This is one organization item that works for me. 
  • Cutting area 
  • Ironing area for ironing board and press
  • Sewing area for machines 
  • Desk to make jewelry on
  • The stash -- the dreaded stash that needs to shrink to fit into a dresser.
I will keep thinking and reading and thinking and mulling. Something will come up. In the meantime, the vision for this room is a bit blurry and everything that I have makes me wonder if the vision will become clear. I am sure it will. 

Today

I think we are heading out today to do a few things that need to be done. Like grocery shopping and paying bills. I have to do my few cleaning things before we go. 
Until the next time.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment