Monday, September 17, 2018

Exhibition Weekend

We are still experiencing warm weather. Saturday and Sunday were 28C and sunny. Nights are cooler but still above 10C. We will be having a storm come in but it could be from the north for us. Hurricane Florence, or her remnants, will hit the Atlantic side of the province with rain before she disappears into nothing. This being said, we could get storms from both areas. The temperature will be on the cool side Wednesday and rain. We wait and see as usual. 

Lifestyle

We have been busy and tired. The heat drains us or is it the humidity. I have tried to keep up on the housework but I haven't done as well as I wanted to. I do

  • make the bed each day
  • clean the kitchen twice a day
  • run the dishwasher when its full. I hate the dishwasher as it say it is running but it then shuts itself off. It is running right now as it did this trick on us last night and we didn't notice.
  • did laundry - clothes and sheets
What didn't I do
  • dust the bedroom
  • wipe down bathroom counters and toilet
  • sweep the floors
I also let a load of clothes languish in the dryer for two days. But we had fun while it languished. 
On Saturday, we went to the fair. We looked around at the entries, talked to people, and had lunch. 
The buildings which hold the entries are beautifully decorated and, again this year, I fell in love with this sleigh and how they decorated it. 
I wonder what color they will use next year. 
The entries were down in most categories this year. People's excuses were they didn't get the entry forms mailed to them. They are on line but that could be a biggie for some people. Our two favorite entries were rocks. 
The rock city took 2nd place and the owls didn't win a prize and were my favorite. 
I didn't look at first prize as I honed in on these two. 
After lunch, we headed out to the arena as it was horse judging on the first weekend. We enjoyed the big horses pulling wagons (four in hand -- four horses make up the team). The best part was the Mini Horse Barrels. We didn't have a clue what this was about except with barrels you do the regular barrel racing pattern but not around barrel but pylons with a tennis ball on the top. We had a hoot when they called in the first contestant. It was a miniature horse pulling a person in a sulky.
This is what they use. Found on the internet
They trot these around the pylons using the barrel pattern. If you knock the tennis ball of the pylon, you get 5 seconds added to your time. We watched all 12 entries of which one entry was a miniature donkey. 
We left after that as it was hot and busy. People started coming in after lunch to go on the midway. There were several thousand people 
Yesterday was rest day as we were both tired from getting too hot. The Spousal Unit got rid of all the flowers as they are done. I put out the fall decorations. 

Sewing

I decided to finish up my t-shirt yesterday. I got it ready and after sewing one sleeve together and wanting to insert it that I had two sleeves for one hole. That means I have to cut out more sleeves which means I have to find which box the fabric is in. So, I gallantly gave up and picked up the piece of molding the Spousal Unit took off and left on the floor. I then pulled out the nails and disposed of it all. 

Today

I have to head into the city early, get home early, and do a few things in the house. I should sweep our bedroom floor and continue out to do the hall, bathroom, kitchen and dining areas. I should do the budget and look at how well we are doing. I should make plans on do better next year in the budget area. I should do a lot but if it is hot, I'll probably sit and keep cool. And nap. I'm good at that too. 
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment