Friday, March 02, 2018

Messy Bun Hat -- Sized Small

With the weather dull and grey, a bit of snow turned to rain, and wind, we stayed inside. We really could do nothing outside due to the weather. A lion type of a day.

Sewing

I spent the morning in the sewing room and it took about 90 minutes to sew and bling up the last t-shirt. Snaps need to be bought to finish it up.
I have decided to trash the rest of the fabric. There is very little left and it's life is done. It is lightweight, and not the easiest fabric to sew. For $2.00/m it wasn't really a bargain. I do want to buy a man's white t-shirt and make 3-4 more t-shirts for the dolls. It is somewhat heavier and easier to sew. As I put the rhinestones back into their tub I discovered I have aqua stones that match the next outfits to perfection. T-shirts are a must and hopefully they can be long sleeved. 

Knitting

I finished another newsboy cap and the dolls got to try it on. 
 Anna certainly looks sweet in this hat and it isn't quite a slouchy as I had thought it would be. 
Next Kate modeled it.
It looks good on her also. 
I have put the pattern aside and have decided to knit a messy bun hat like Daughters using the last of this grey wool. 
I never got a picture of it finished as I sent it out as soon as it was off the needles. 
My first cast on was too small but the second one was fine. 
It fits Anna to perfection and it should fit Kate. I knit in the pattern for 12 rows at this point and it needs more rows. 
I now have 16 rows knit and will try it on Anna again to see if I need to do 4 more rows or if I can start to decrease. When done, the last bit of yarn will be tossed as there isn't enough to knit anything. 

Today

We are going to the library this morning and shopping this afternoon. Knitting is in the books but no sewing unless there is an hour this afternoon. If so, peach jeans will be started. 
Until the next time........................

1 comment:

  1. That newsboy cap is darling, and I particularly like the change in colors. Hmmmnnnn... I can see a closet full of these caps in many colors for every ensemble imaginable. :-)

    ReplyDelete