Sunday, March 11, 2018

A Sewing and Knitting Kind of Day

We had every conceivable type of weather yesterday. Wind, snow, rain, sunshine, and warm temps. 5C is warm right? We are not over the storm that has been going through. Monday night and Tuesday are the next wonderful portion of this lion type weather. 
As of 7:30 a.m., it is snowing once again. Fairly heavy and fairly big flakes. You know it's coming when they salt your street early in the morning.

Lifestyle

We decided to head out to New Minas to shop yesterday morning. We got there and many of the stores were closed with power outages. We got some groceries and came home. We drove through a snow storm on the way over and left New Minas in a snow storm. Other than that, the drive was awesome and we enjoyed our time out and about. 
I am slowly meeting my March goal and with 3 more weigh-ins I could have it met. I set a goal last week to track what I eat and it certainly is holding me accountable. 

Sewing

I finished the tie blanket yesterday and will give it to Grandson for Easter. 
I am hoping he will enjoy it. 
Once the blanket was done, I grabbed the doll's trims and started to organize them into zip top sandwich bags. I got about 80% done when I ran out of bags. Now I can look through bags of trims when I am sewing for the dolls. The bags are still in the same tub but easier to get my hands onto.
I put one of the Easter dresses on the table to start sewing today. 

Knitting

I have almost finished this cute black sweater. When I tried it on Anna, I was in the midst of figuring out how to knit the sleeves in the round. 
I calculated and recalculated and it worked out perfectly. I will have this done today except for a button. I need to find or buy a black button for this cute sweater. There is a white one for Kate. 
I am going to try and do some knitting techniques and if all goes well, I will be buying a book to learn them. I plan on reading and knitting a bit each day so I can learn more. It certainly keeps my brain active. 

Today

Other than having to go out to shovel snow, it will be an inside day. Sewing and knitting are on the agenda. 
Until the next time.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment