Saturday, March 24, 2018

Digging Out

Yesterday the weather was quite mild with some wind. We were told we had about 18" of snow fall during the storm. It seems as if the wind circled over our area causing the storm to circle and it kept dumping the snow on us. 

Lifestyle

We started the day out shoveling the driveway. It took us over an hour to clear off the heavy wet snow. You could almost see the water in the snow as parts of it had a blue tinge to it. People started digging themselves out about 6 a.m. so they could get to work. 

Sewing

Kate's top is finished and it looks cute on her. Though the pattern calls for knit fabrics, it worked out well using a cotton. 
She was quite happy to model it. Instead of velcro to close the back, I used snaps. 
Kate told me she can wear white sandals with this outfit and would love to see it with white capri leggings. 
I told her I hadn't seen white leggings in the store. 
Anna is waiting for her top. Same fabric but a tunic length of her wrap dress. She has less patterns than Kate has. 

Knitting

I have two of Lucy Neatby's DVDs on loan from the library. Yesterday I spent some time watching one and learned about i-cord edging and buttonholes. It is hard to decide which of her DVDs I wish to purchase first. 
The red short sleeve sweater is almost ready to cast off at the bottom. I have done one row of beading and have started the second row. 

The short sleeves will have the same treatment as the bottom of the sweater. 
Today
I have to help out at the hall this morning and then I will start on Kate's top. There will be some knitting done today also as I want to see the sweater completed. Once I finish the blue sweater, I will cast on the cardigan to go with the red sweater.
Until the next time......................

No comments:

Post a Comment