Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Anna's Dress Done

Yesterday was another hot one with a high of 29-30C and a humidex of 36C. About 6 p.m. we had a good (warm) rain go through and we may have had another rain during the night. The temperature at 6 a.m. this morning was 19C and it is suppose to be cooler today. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit used the weed eater and did part of the ditch. He quit when he got warm, came in, cooled off and then went out to prune tomatoes. He spent the afternoon inside resting. 
I started cleaning the living room area of the house. I spent my time cleaning windows, screens, and the track. A big dirty job that I am happy to have done. I can now start cleaning the room. 
The neighbor has started the railing on the other side of the deck. The rain forced him home for an hour. He returned to do more on it. 
My weight has stalled. Insulin resistance has kicked in and I need to tweak what I am eating. Less carbs and a bit more walking may help get past this stage. 
We are at day 5 with no new cases of the virus. People are getting use to the new normal of social distancing, wearing masks, and following the restrictions. 

Sewing

I spent a couple of hours in the sewing room finishing up Anna's dress. I quite like it. The pin tucking adds texture to the bodice. 
A lesson learned -- watch where you place your prints. Though the front looks nice with matching pink panels, the back has 2 green panels sewing together at the back center seam. 
I will have to remember that when I make this dress again for the other dolls. 
I hope to make a sun hat out of the remaining fabrics. It may be patch work. Then back to the bodice sloper. 

Knitting

I am one row from making a decision on the test pattern. Do I knit the cropped or the longer sweater. I will decide today as I am wanting to make an outfit similar to this one for one of the dolls. 
From Pinterest
If the polka dot fabric I have matches the yarn, I will do the cropped sweater. This sweater will have a sailor collar on it and the doll will wear white sandals. The picture is just a starting point. 

Today

Our grandson is here for the day. He and I are heading to the quilt shop to get fabric for a pillow case and 2 masks. He and the Spousal Unit will play some crib this afternoon. As we can't go to museums this summer, we are now focusing on things we can do here. 
Until the next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment