Wednesday, July 15, 2020

A Fun Day With Grandson

Yesterday was the first cool day in a while. It was quite refreshing. The high got too 20C. This morning it is 15C and is suppose to get to 17C. 

Lifestyle

Grandson was over and we had a fun day with him. He did walk the neighbor's dog, ride bike and play with the neighbors. But he had fun with  us. He and I were out to the fabric shop and he played crib with the Spousal Unit. Once grandson caught on to the game, he became a wicked player. Had us both laughing like crazy. And, he won both games. 
Our neighbor was over to put up another panel of railing before it rained. The panel is up and it didn't rain. It is coming along and we are loving it. 
Yesterday was day 6 of no new cases of the virus. Our new normal is working or so it seems. I am sure we will see a second wave this fall. 

Sewing

Grandson and I spent about 45 minutes getting his fabric for two pillow cases. Being first in the store (and a bit early), we were able to wander around and I left him to his devices. He chose well. 
I chose two fat quarters and a piece of elastic for masks. 
The staff at the quilting shop were all wearing masks this time. They decided on this when the Atlantic bubble started. They are being super careful as they have been busy with their customers from the other provinces. All customers must wear a mask when entering; a rule that has been in place since reopening in early June. 
Once home I laundered all the fabric ready for next week. My fabric was sewn and I got two masks done. 
These have 1/8" elastic for the ears and the next two will have 1/4" elastic. All 4 are the same. Cost for material for 4 masks was $7.00. The next two masks are about 1/4 done and will take me about 90 minutes to finish. 

Knitting

I have the test sweater divided and working on the right front. It is a well written pattern.

Today

We are off to Halifax as the Spousal Unit has minor surgery this morning. Home and resting as I will be exhausted (as will he). I'm sure we won't get much done today around the house or yard. 
Until the next time...................................

No comments:

Post a Comment