Friday, July 24, 2020

A Surprise From The Garden

Yesterday was wet in the morning and humid and warm in the afternoon. The high got to 24C and this morning, it was 19C. During the night I woke to thunder rumbling and rain falling. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday we were busy. We left home at 8:15 a.m. to pick up the prime rib for the Spousal Unit's birthday dinner on Saturday. We had a good trip up and back.
At home, the Spousal Unit mowed quite a bit of the lawn while I did laundry and made a potato salad for dinner tonight. Grandson came for a visit and we talked about his day. 
Last night, the Spousal Unit came in with a surprise. 
The earliest we have had ripe grape tomatoes since moving here. We are super excited as it means more will ripen over the next short while and we can eat fresh off the vine tomatoes. 
Elliott was out on the deck last night to chew on his grass. Such an exhausting time meant he had to sleep on the couch most of the evening. 
I worked on sticking to my new eating plan and reduced the amount of salt and processed food I ate. It is working as I lost almost 1.5 lbs of fluid in 24 hours. It is motivating me to continue to work hard on getting my blood pressure down and a bunch of weight off. The goal is to try and remain on the same dosage of blood pressured medication or be off it. 

Sewing

I didn't do anything in the sewing room and may not get in to sew until Sunday afternoon. My next project is overalls for Anna. 

Knitting

I am about half done the second sleeve of the test pattern. I did quite a bit yesterday and ended up with cramps in my right hand. 

Today

It is housework day and a bit of time will be spent working on ideas for menu planning. I hope to knit some tonight. 
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment