Monday, July 06, 2020

Progress Being Made

The weather has cooled off. Cooler than what we've had for I don't know how long. A bit of rain that doesn't do much but it's a bit of moisture. Today is suppose to be cool and damp. 

Lifestyle

We have been sort of busy with housework and the deck. I've been slowly getting the upstairs cleaned and kept cleaned. I've started in the living area and am cleaning the couch. There is a lot of Elliott's hair everywhere. 
The deck is starting to get the boards on it. Doing the prep work takes time. The top step is done with a picture frame border and looks great. 
It is truly a work of art in our eyes. 
I brushed Elliott yesterday and got a lot of hair out of him. He loves to be brushed and lays nicely to have it done. He is a huge shedder so I hope to do him daily for the next while. 
We have had no new cases of the virus for 3 days now. The Atlantic Bubble has been going on for 3 days and many thousands of people have been moving between the provinces. And one out of country person who has the virus. Not sure how this is working as the story is emerging only that 3 people from PEI have contacted the virus through this one person.  

Sewing

I had to stop with the sloper as I wasn't happy with where I was going. I put the whole works into the trash and started again. I began with a basic bodice and worked from there using industrial paper toweling and a couple of classes I took. I am ready to make a muslin to see if I have it right. I've done two muslins already and here is where I am at. 
I have to add a bit to the shoulder and down the front and back at the arm. Not too bad. 
A bit of trimming at the front so it sits away from the arm joint. 5B is where I got with the 2nd try. 
I added a tiny bit to under the arm. The back had to have quite a bit added to it as I cut it too narrow. I have that added on now  so we can see how it fits on the next muslin. 

Knitting

I finished up the last test pattern and got pictures done. 
And both of the last two sweaters which were by the same designer. 

Today

We both have blood tests this morning so most of the morning will be for that. Our appointments are 2 hours apart. This afternoon, I'd like to work on the basic bodice sloper and get it right so I can move forward again on the surplice top. Tonight, I will read a book. I'm taking a break from knitting.
Until the next time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment