Thursday, July 09, 2020

Learning To Use The Pin Tuck Foot

The weather continued to cool off and the coolest morning was 11.4C -- yesterday to be exact. It was nice to cool off. Last night it rained 3" between 9:30 p.m. and midnight. There was more rain after midnight and during the night, we awoke to a good thunder storm. We even saw lightening. Today is to be warmer so here's to sauna conditions. 

Lifestyle

On Tuesday morning, grandson and I weeded some more on the hedge. I got the weeds out of 5 bushes and then trimmed them on the street side. It is coming along slowly. I will keep working on it as I have time and the mornings are cool. 
Yesterday I went to Bedford to shop. Only did one store and it was quiet in there. Not a lot of people are wearing masks which bothers me. I wore mine and did a lot of social distancing. I was home in good time and got things put away before lunch. 
The deck is coming along nicely. Our friend got 4 boards on last night before it rained. It takes time to fasten 20' boards down. 
There was one more case of the virus yesterday bringing the province's total to 5 active cases. The last person is an essential service person. Though the number of cases is low here, we continue to be diligent when out and about. Masks and hand sanitizer are important items in our lives. So is disinfectant spray. 

Sewing

Yesterday was trying out the pin tuck foot on the sewing machine. Time was spent watching a video on how to use the foot and then using it. I was impressed with it. The 9 groove foot is perfect for doll clothes. In the end, I got a bodice done for Anna's dress. Now to sew it up. Pictures today. 
The sloper is sitting waiting for me to cut out the next take. As Anna's dress and the sloper use the same colored thread, I will work on both at the same time. 
I looked for a tub for Kit's clothes and didn't find the size I wanted. I can get them at Bayer's Lake so may stop on our way home from the Spousal Unit's appointment and pick them up. We will see how he feels. 

Knitting

I've set my knitting aside to read a book. It is break time for me and once the book is done, I will knit again. 

Today

Housework, sewing, and reading. I may slip in a nap if I have time.
Until the next time...................................

No comments:

Post a Comment