Friday, July 03, 2020

Fabric Shopping

Yesterday's high was 26C and there was a cool breeze. It rained (drizzled) during the night and the temperature this morning was 16C. Not sure what we will get today. They say the high is to get to 24C and clearing this morning. 

Lifestyle

We are having our deck redone with composite boards. Our neighbor is doing it and is bringing it up to and past code. With so much wet/damp weather, wooden structures are subject to rot. Ours is in good shape. To keep it good for many more years, all top surfaces will be covered with a waterproof membrane. All cut ends of woods are treated. The other thing he did was put hurricane hangers on. 
We were out to get more patio pads for the steps and to have a landing at the bottom. 
There was one more case of the virus reported yesterday. We are now at 3. Two cases from travel outside of the province and one from a temporary foreign worker who became sick while in self isolation. Today is Atlantic Bubble day and people can travel amongst the Maritime provinces without self isolating. We wait and see what happens. 

Sewing

Though I had said no fabric this month, the quilt shop had some fabrics I knew would not last. I was out to get what I needed and then got some for daughter. My choices were these ones. 
It was the middle piece that was very popular as many people were looking at it. 
The store was busy as they can let 15 people in and they had that many in there shortly after I arrived. The building was warm and wearing a mask was hard. I wanted a couple more pieces but got my notions and left. I will make do with what I have. My next visit will be in August. 
I didn't work on Take 3 of the muslin yesterday as I was in and out of the house all afternoon. Hopefully today. 

Knitting

I worked on the sweater, undid several rows, and am doing the cuff on the first sleeve. I will take the sweater with me next month to find fabric for a dress. I think there is the greyed purple in the purple section. 

Today

The goal is to sweep and wash floors, sew on Take 3 of the pattern, and knit. Not sure if there will be any work on the deck today. I will be outside for a bit to dead head geraniums. 
Until the next time...................................

No comments:

Post a Comment