Saturday, July 18, 2020

The Deck Is Done

Thursday and yesterday were cool days with a high of 20C. The sun did shine in the late afternoon both days. This morning it was 15C at 6 a.m. and it's the start of the warmer weather. 

Lifestyle

We have both been tired from the Spousal Unit's surgery. Yesterday was better than Thursday when we both did very little. I did a clean of the whole house and washed most of the floors. It was nice to have that done. The Spousal Unit puttered outside most of the day doing things here and there. 
The garden is coming along rapidly. We have peas and beans.

The roses are blooming at the back of the shed. 
The deck was done last night at 8 pm and we got it loaded. Family was here and we had a great time. Our neighbor did a fabulous job. The picture was taken 4 hours before completion. I'll get pictures as soon as it nice. It rained just as we finished up and put the tools away. 
I have some staining to do when it cools off again. The deck gets a lot of sun on it and the staining may have to be done when it cools off or in the evenings. 
There have been no new cases of the virus for the past two days. The province is preparing for the second wave with more mask requirements. They have also allowed visiting in long term care homes but many restrictions are in place. 

Sewing

I haven't done any sewing. By afternoon, I'm quite tired and just want to sleep. I will have to push and get some things done. 

Knitting

I have the fronts completed and am working on the back of the test sweater. It is coming along quickly now. 

Today

I plan on cleaning the garage. It is quite the job so will be several days at it. The Spousal Unit will have quite a bit of sorting to do and quite a few things to put away. I will knit and I may try to finish the masks. 
Until the next time....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment