Thursday, July 02, 2020

A Very Quiet Canada Day For Us

Yesterday got to 27C with a humidex of 34C. It was hot and muggy out there. This morning it was 17C at 6 a.m. and is suppose to be a bit cooler today. Hopefully the rain will come tonight. Storm were all around us yesterday but nothing happened here except my knees were very sore. 

Lifestyle

I got all the floors swept yesterday. There was a lot of grass, cat hair, dust, etc. I will have to do it again before I wash them. Elliott won't stop shedding. He has always been a huge shedder. 
With exhaustion comes naps. The Spousal Unit had two and I had one. It did help us stay alert while out for dinner last night. We had a very tasty chicken dinner with our family. And a great visit. 
There were fireworks again last night; not as long or as late but from the same street behind us. As I dozed off to sleep I could hear more in the distance. Those were not disturbing but more like a white noise. It was another warm night so we didn't sleep as well as we would have liked to. The a/c was on (heat pump) but it doesn't cool our bedroom as well as we would like it to. 
There was a second case of the virus reported yesterday. The person traveled outside of Canada. There was no report if they had been self isolating or not. Hopefully we will know more today. It is mandatory people self isolate when returning to the province. 

Sewing

I did think about sewing but did nothing. I was just too tired to wrap my head around altering the pattern. I may start again with a different bodice pattern. I will resort to that if mine is not correct this time. I do like mine and would love to get it right. 
I also thought about the dress I want to make for Anna's wardrobe. I want to pin tuck the bodice for something different. 

Knitting

I knit on the next test pattern. I have a system in place so I don't have to knit the odd numbered rows twice. What was to be done after publishing will be part of the test. Only one person tested the pattern. The white sweater I finished only had two of us test it. Not sure why but I think the pandemic has slowed people down. 

Today

I'm heading out to the quilt shop. I need a twin needle for pin tucking a bodice for Anna's wardrobe and I want to look at the ticking fabric. I will also look at fabric to add to Anna's dress that I hope to make soon. I will work on Take 3 of the bodice pattern this afternoon. Tonight will be knitting. 
Until the next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment