Thursday, July 23, 2020

Not What I Expected

Our heat wave is over for now. It has cooled down and we had rain during the night. It is going to be warm again with lots of humidity. 

Lifestyle

We have been busy busy. We have got most of the garage cleaned up. There is about 3 hours of organizing left and it will be done. Tuesday we spent most of the morning organizing and have done several 30 minute sessions since then. Twice a day even. It will be nice when it is finished and I can move on to other things. 
I had a telephone appointment with the doctor on Monday. It was full of surprises and not what I expected. My thyroid has remained the same which is nice to know. My A1C was 5.8% and in the good range. That was a surprise. My hemoglobin was good which it always is. My kidney function is 46 and poor. Cause -- blood pressure. It is also the reason why I am tired, have aches and pains, etc. I ordered a blood pressure monitor and will call the doctor once I have taken readings for 2 weeks. I also have done a big adjustment to my diet in hopes of helping lower my blood pressure. I am sure I will have a medication change. 
The Spousal Unit had his telephone appointment with the hematologist on Tuesday. His blood work is perfect and he is now to have his blood work done once a year vs every 3 months. After 4.5 years of excellent results, we hope he has many more years of the same. The hematologist was super excited as were we. 
We were to the used book store yesterday and everyone inside was wearing a mask. It isn't mandatory but the store is small and people can't social distance all that well. We felt safe in there. We drove by the quilt shop but didn't stop. It was busy and I don't need to get a piece of fabric for grandson's pillow case right now. 
Elliott has been out on the deck to eat his grass. He is still a bit uneasy with it as there are strange noises out there. 
When I moved, he ran inside and went to the chair for a nap. So stressful doing the outside thing after dinner. 
After treat time, he went into his scratching post and spent some time in it. He rarely does this so it was a big surprise when he did it. 
Yesterday was Day 7 of no new cases of the virus. Only one case remains active. A good feeling. 

Sewing

Grandson got his first lesson on Tuesday. He pinned the pieces together so he can sew next Tuesday. 
I haven't sewn since I finished Anna's dress. I have rested most afternoons due to being so tired. 

Knitting

The first sleeve is almost done on the test pattern. I hope to have this sweater done by late next week. Then it will be back to the other sweater and try to finish it. 

Today

We are out to pick up meat for the Spousal Unit's birthday dinner and I will do a few things after we get home. I hope to knit on the sweater. Not sure what else will happen. 
Until the next time.......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment