Saturday, July 11, 2020

Progress, Progress, Progress

Yesterday was a hot one. We saw it hit 30C and with the humidex, 37C. It was super foggy in the morning though but once it lifted, the temperature went up quickly. Today is cloudy and 18C at 6 a.m. There is a possibility we could have showers today. 

Lifestyle

I rested yesterday morning and then folded 2 huge loads of laundry. It was about all I could do as I was tired. The decking is on the deck and was finished up after 9:30 p.m. Our neighbor is doing a fabulous job. 
The picture frames are lovely. 
The steps are probably next. 
The scrap wood from the deck is gone and we are happy that it didn't have to go to the dump. It went down the street to someone's fire pit. We have a bit of stuff to go to the dump once we finish cleaning up. 
There were no new cases of the virus yesterday. Two of the 5 cases are resolved. 

Sewing

I worked on Anna's dress yesterday. I used a basic dress pattern a friend gave me. It fits the dolls well. 
The pin tucking is hard to see. I used two threads that matched the fabric well and they blend into the fabric. 
The skirt is cut out ready to be sewn. First I need to serge the seams. After that, I can proceed to finishing the dress. 
I may move the fabrics around a bit though the stripe does stay in the center. I'm thinking the ones beside the stripe will go between the other two to break them up. I am actually excited to finish this dress up as I love it as part of Anna's wardrobe. When done, I will work on the bodice sloper again. 
I have two masks to make for friends in Alberta. I have to get the fabric for them on Tuesday. Grandson is going to buy the fabric to sew a pillow case for himself. 

Knitting

On hold but a test pattern is out and I will start it tonight. One of the dolls will quite like it in their wardrobe. 

Today

I will turn on the a/c, do some housework, sew, and knit. I'm not sure what is happening with the deck but if it is hot we don't expect our neighbor to work on it. We are making sure everyone is staying safe in the heat. 
Until the next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment