Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Anna's Overalls Begun

Yesterday was cool with a high of 24C and the humidex made it feel like 31C. This morning it is 23C at 8 a.m. and the humidex is 30C. We are under a heat warning with high temperatures and humidity. This is the third heat warning this summer. 

Lifestyle

It was a fairly quiet day for us. We did wander around the yard and put together a plan for the rest of this year and next year. The only item to be fixed is the ramp on the shed. The boards are starting to show signs of deterioration.  We hope to do it in the dark composite like the front landing. The rest of the plan is finishing up the landscaping, getting the hedge done, decorating with flowers, making a wreath and buying a sign. We are almost done the outside to the maintenance stage. 
I ate much better yesterday with very little processed food, not much refined sugar, and little dairy. I felt much better. I still have some aches and pains but less than I did. 
We are still at 0 cases of the virus in the province. 

Sewing

I was up to the quilt shop yesterday to get a piece of green fabric for grandson's pillow cases. I also picked this fabric up in the dark pink for daughter. It is gorgeous. 
I also bought a light for my sewing machine. I will show it once I put it on. It needs to be charged first. 
I have been admiring Princess Beatrice's wedding dress and found this that I thought was cute. 
It was lovely that she chose to wear one of the Queen's dresses from the 1960's. It was fitting for a wedding during these times. 
I was down to the sewing room and put 17 pieces for overalls for Anna's wardrobe onto the fabric. It was a lot of work. 
I am ready to cut it out. and have to cut one pattern piece again for the shoulder straps. This pattern goes together like a puzzle. You take the pieces off the fabric as you sew them and lay them out carefully. There is number matching going on along with notches. The rest of the fabric is for a coat for Kit's wardrobe. It will be a lot easier to make. 

Knitting

Nothing happened. 

Today

I have been out to grocery shop at 7 a.m. and all is put away. I am going to cut out the overalls and I do hope to block the sweater. I'm doing very little outside due to the heat and humidity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment