Monday, January 01, 2018

Hello 2018

Happy New Years to all my friends far and wide. May 2018 bring you good health and happiness. 

Lifestyle

We rung in the New Year by being in bed at 8 p.m. I had been up and down all day and was exhausted. The constant coughing was wearing me down as was making sure the Spousal Unit was getting his medications on time. 
I had a rough first part of the night with the Spousal Unit wanted to talk and I wanted to cough. After I got him settled down and coughed some more, I decided to take care of myself. I took two spoonfuls of Buckley (takes horrid and it works) and several long breaths of a Vicks inhaler and headed back to bed. Coughing subsided and I slept until 5 a.m. when the Spousal Unit needed his inhaler. I did wake up a couple of times sweating but knew I was on the road to getting better. 
When I woke at 6 a.m., I was hungry for the first time in 5 days. I have lost between 6.5 and 7 pounds with this flu and I know some will return as I eat normally. 
I have thought about why I got sick and after much deliberation it was caused by stress. The stress of unpacking, decorating for Christmas, getting presents, and being on the go was too much for my system. I got run down and the flu took hold of me. I have a lesson to learn and it is one that requires I take care of myself. 
For the next couple of days, I plan on cleaning upstairs, putting away decorations, and relaxing. I am not going to push it as it will set me back. I do see the doctor tomorrow and will get a few items of food -- soup in particular. Then I will prepare for 8" of snow on Thursday as I will be doing the shoveling. I will survive this. I looked after both of us while I was sick so I can look after us as I recuperate. 
Until the next time....................

No comments:

Post a Comment