Monday, January 08, 2018

A Fabulous Dinner

A cheer goes up for the warmer weather which is arriving. The temperature has risen 10C since yesterday morning. With the warmer temperatures comes snow and we have about an inch on the ground. 

Lifestyle

We were out to our Son and Daughter-in-law's last night for dinner. They made Moroccan Slow Roasted Pork. It was certainly good though we all agreed that the pepper in the rub needs to be decreased as it was too much. For us, it was the first proper meal since Dec. 27. 
The meal also fit into our points for Weight Watchers. As we have eaten so little, our portions were small and I know I am under points every day since last Wednesday. Will the body show a weight loss? Or will it hold on as it feels it is in starvation mode? 
We are both on the road to recovery. The coughing is the worst and we need patience to preserver through this. The Spousal Unit will be longer in recovering as he was much sicker than me. I am thinking a good month until he is better. 
Daughter-in-law is coughing and is very tired. She was the glue that held everyone together over Christmas. She deserves to be in bed for a week but is spending time on the couch resting. Both of her parents have pneumonia and she cared for them around the clock until they went home. We tried not to disturb them and only asked for help when they were able to help us. 

Today 

The goal is to clean up the bedrooms and shovel the snow off the driveway. I will start with the driveway as I can rest when it is done. If I leave it, it won't get done as I will be too tired to do it. There is a goal and a plan and I can wish the fairies would come and do the driveway. It isn't going to happen so I had better put one foot in front of the other so the job is done. 
Until the next time......................

No comments:

Post a Comment