Saturday, January 27, 2018

Hello Oscar Dress Completed

It is cool this morning at -15C at 6 a.m. It is suppose to warm up and be a fairly nice day. 

Lifestyle

The morning was spent cleaning the house and doing laundry. It was great to get all the cat hair contained and the place looking neater. 
In the afternoon Elliott went to the vet for weigh in and nail clipping. He weighs 16.75 pounds which means .75 lb. left before he gets his diet changed. He was very curious in the room and explored quite a bit. When his nails were done, he laid on the table and looked smug while the vet did them. 

Sewing

I got a couple of hours in the sewing room. I worked on the Hello Oscar dress from Pixie Faire. It is not my favorite dress so the pattern will go into the stash only to be brought out when requested. I did not put the lace trim on the sides as it was too big. I do like it plain. The neckline trim was changed as what I purchased (expensive) did not look right on the dress. I used another trim I found in the trim tub. 
Kate will wear the dress on March 4 while the Academy Awards are being broadcasted. I may have to knit a shawl if it is cool at that time. 
Anna got her hair released from her ponytail. I used a couple of barrettes close by to hold her hair out of her face. 

Knitting

I set up socks for Grandson last night and got 2" knit on the first sock. I plan on doing 7 to 8" on the leg as he has gotten so tall. 

Today

Daughter-in-law and Grandson are coming over to put together furniture. I will help them where I can and put together the chair for the sewing room. I hope to launder the cotton for the knitting bag so I can cut it out later today. 
Until the next time.......................

1 comment:

  1. It's enjoyable to read of the fun you have in sewing for the dolls. :-)

    ReplyDelete