Sunday, May 05, 2024

Will This Doll's Outfit Ever Be Finished?

 Yesterday was cloudy until late afternoon when the sun shone. The high got to 14.3C (though another app said 16C). This morning it is a mix of sun and clouds and 3C. Today is to be a mix of sun and clouds and 17C.

Lifestyle

Yesterday I looked up information on Ancestry about my aunts and uncles. I enjoy doing it a few days every few months. It amazes me how last names were misspelled and what their occupations were. I find it exciting to research and get information about them from census, etc. 

I went grocery shopping and got a lot of items. I bought what I needed to make a stew and had it for dinner last night. It was delicious. I have one in the freezer for another night. Next up is shredded chicken and rice. 

Sewing

I worked on the skirt yesterday and sewed it up. About 2/3rds is rolled so the lining won't show. It will be hand basted prior to pressing. The opening will be sewn shut and then it will be ready to do the cartridge pleats. 

I lined up the skirt and bodice to see how it will look without the pleats. 

I am going to play with Pattern Academy once again. I want to work on the bodice first which will give me the opportunity to figure out how to do different necklines. The first exercise is to move the dart from the waist to the shoulder. I had done it earlier but wanted to do it again. I moved the dart to the shoulder on both the front and back. 


I decided to sew up a muslin of the bodices I draft so I can see how they look on the dolls. I need to go back and do the muslin prior to making changes. I forgot that step and will do it the next time I have a bit of extra time.

I cut it out of scraps of fabric, marked in the darts, and sewed them. 

Once I finished sewing the muslin, I tried it on Kit. The shoulder darts give a smooth finish down the front. 

The back is the same, a nice smooth fit. 

The darts don't line up at the shoulder. They are out 1/16th". Will I fix it? I don't know at this time. Probably as I may want to use this for a top. Next up will be French darts. 

Knitting

I knit 30 rounds on the sock #2 and am half done it. 

Rather than a black area of knitting, this sock has a white area. 

And a narrower pink one. They will be interesting to look at when done. I never know what will happen when knitting socks using a stripe yarn. I didn't look for the same point to cast on as I have only 100 grams of this yarn and, at this point, am hoping I have enough yarn to finish it. 

Thoughts

    I had another day with little pain. I also had some cracking as joints were seating themselves. Not sure which ones as they felt closer to my spine. I had one crack close to my spine this morning and have very little pain so far today. I will take that over a lot of pain any day. The muscles and tendons are relaxed and soft which is wonderful. 

    I realized yesterday that I am ready to be done the doll's outfit. I have been working on it for 3 months. Not every day but a lot of days were spent reading the instructions, figuring out how to put the pieces together and then handling the small fiddly bit. I get like this when I am almost done or have worked on something for way too long. I am ready to do something new.

Today

I have the balance sheet to do and then go to New Minas. I want to look at the yarn at the rolling yarn shop that will be at the community hall and then order the items needed for under the deck. I hope to work on the skirt and get it ready to pleat. I will knit tonight. I have to check on family's cat sometime today. He loves me visiting him when they are away for a couple of days. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment