Thursday, May 30, 2024

Indoor - Outdoor Jobs Done

Yesterday was a mix of sun, clouds and wind. The high got to 23.2C. This morning it clear and 9C. Today we are to have sun, clouds and showers with a high of 22C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I started out cleaning the garage. We decided not to take part in the garage sale this weekend. The advertising for it went out yesterday and it is also Apple Blossom weekend. I cleaned up items and then swept the floor. Daughter-in-law came and we reorganized the workbench and one cupboard so we could put the garage sale items into them. We moved items around, broke down boxes for recycling, and swept until the whole garage was the cleanest it's been in years. Even the saw horse parts are gone with the wood stacked neatly for son. I have lots of room to do things in the garage or to walk around if I park the car in there. 

After a rest, I went out and planted 4 more tomato plants. There were 2 Better Boys, 1 Early Girl, and 1 Beef master. Once they were in, I planted some Bok Choy seeds and a whole bin of carrots seeds. Later in the afternoon, I watered the bins as it was warm and windy. Next up is pepper plants, peas and bean seeds. Last is the cucumbers and the veggies will be done. I will be doing flowers also while planting veggies. 

Recycling is out and I put the candy tube out with it. It is PVC pipe that daughter-in-law painted black and put lime green stickies on. It is gone today so one of the kids on the block picked it up and took it home. Hope they have fun with it as it was a neat looking object. 

Sewing

I pressed the print fabric for the bag and cut out the 4 quilt squares for the front and back panel. I also cut out the small squares for the corners. I drew lines on the small blocks and carefully stitched them on, pressed them well and put light interfacing on them. I then faked quilted them using silver embroidery thread. 

They aren't perfect giving them an organic look. I got 3 done before I called it an afternoon. 

The fourth block looks like the top one. 

Next up is the 2 embroidered blocks. I am stressing over them a bit but will get them done. 

Knitting

I ripped back the peach hat and knit 8 more rows and then did the decreasing. It should fit daughter-in-law now. Next up is the purple one. I want them out of my way as they keep reminding me to finish them. 

The light socks will be for daughter as daughter-in-law found the yarn too scratchy against her skin. She will pick out her yarn when we go to the Rolling Yarn shop on June 23. 

Today

I am out for a hair cut early and then will head out to Wolfville to see if they have another skein of the Gros Moren yarn. Then on to New Minas for more of the grey fabric and to return a solar light that isn't working. I hope to work on the last block and starch the new fabric. If time, I will plant some flowers and the pepper plants before dinner. Tonight I will knit on the purple hat. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment