Monday, May 27, 2024

Keeping Busy

 The weather has cooled off. Saturday's high was 21.2C and yesterday was 16C. We had about 1/4" rain fall yesterday which was needed. This morning it is cloudy and 10C. Today is to be mainly cloudy with a high of 19C. 

Lifestyle

I have had a busy 2 days. Saturday I was into the city to watch grandson play soccer. Grandson's team had to work hard to get their 3 goals. They were successful at keeping the ball out of their net. Grandson played the whole game and did well. He is starting to get to the top of his game. He is where he should be for his age. 

I have done some cleaning on the house to get rid of the algae and am pleased with how it is working. I need to get an old brush out and do some scrubbing on the seal of the shed's big door. The mould will come right off when I wet it and take a brush to it. 

I also started to set up the deck. I have brought out the chairs, rug, table, flower boxes and umbrella. I had no problems lifting items as all my hard work has paid off. 


I now need to clean the table and get out the bbq and then set up the pond. 

Yesterday I went and bought flowers for the pots in the front of the house and some for the back. I wandered from garden center to garden center where I got the flowers, tomatoes, and peppers. I will need to get more flowers and will do that this week. 

My colour theme this year is yellow, purple, and white. I did buy red and white petunias for the deck as they were the Spousal Unit's favourite colours. I also got 2 more solar lights as one of my old ones is not working. I will toss it and some others as they are old. I am trying to get new ones when I need them. 

Sewing

As it was cold and miserable outside, I spent the whole afternoon in the sewing room. I finished the doll's dress. I did the hand sewing around the arm hole, sewed up the back, pressed it well and put hook and eye closures in the back. 

I still need to put a ribbon around the empire waist and decorate the hat. I have the flowers and netting for it. 

I also starched the red/black check fabric so it will be crisp to make piping. I will give it a good steaming prior to cutting it into bias strips. The bag will be started a bit at a time. 

Knitting

I knit a lot of rounds on the sock last night. I have 10 more rounds to go before I begin the heel flap. 

The yarn I am using has been produced here in Nova Scotia. It is one of 10 colour ranges to depict one national park in each province/territory in Canada. This one is Gros Moren which is in Newfoundland. This national park is a short drive from where my paternal grandfather was born. 

Today

I have to sweep floors and wash them this morning. I am also going to clean up the garage and put the yard sale items into bins for next year. I hope to make the piping this afternoon and knit tonight. I have a busy day today. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment