Thursday, February 20, 2020

Test Coat and Tam Done

We continue to see it all in the weather. Yesterday morning was 6C but it snowed during the night and then rained hard. The snow was frozen even though it was warm. As the day progressed, the temperature slowly fell and this morning it is -11C. Sun is going to shine and by Sunday we will see warmer temperatures. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit salted the icy driveway and went out a couple of hours later and scraped it clean. It is nice to have it clean and dry. 
I spent the morning cleaning the entry way. I scrubbed two sets of stairs (up and down) plus the landing. It was dirty and full of salt stains from our boots. I did it all by hand so I could scrub said salt stains. Looks and smells clean. 

Sewing

I spent a good 3 hours in the sewing room finishing up the doll's coat. Hemming by hand and tacking down the lining. I also put on the snaps and buttons. Once done, I did the tam. It was finicky, especially when hand sewing down the band. But it went together nicely. 
I estimated it took about 15 hours to make this coat and tam. I did a lot of hand basting to make sure it fit perfectly and not slip when sewing. The coat hem is overcast by the sewing machine and hand sewn in place. The sleeves are the same. The hem of the lining is double folded and stitched down. I can see why some doll clothes are pricy to buy.

Knitting

I finished the doll's scarf last night and it was too dark to do good photos. I'm hoping I have enough yarn to knit mittens to go with it. It's for the doll's coat. 
I will be putting yarn away today and getting the needles for the mitts and a doll's sweater I want to knit. I will probably do the mitts first. 

Today

I will do some housework this morning and clean the sewing room this afternoon. I want to have the cleaning done before I start piping for one or two days. Sunday I start Christmas sewing so need to be prepared for that. 
Until the next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment