Saturday, February 15, 2020

Test Coat Pattern Begun

Yesterday was a bit of everything. Snow, wind, sun, and cold. This morning is colder; -21C at 6 a.m. It is going to warm up starting today. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I did some cleaning up and washed some floors. I also did 3 loads of laundry. In the afternoon, I picked up grandson from school and took him home. Not an overly busy day but work got done. I was happy with what was done. 

Sewing

I am working on the test pattern. I laid out the pattern, cut it out and started sewing. I started with the two piece sleeves and they went together perfectly. Using a scrap of wool, I tested an overcast stitch for seams that needed to be finished. I did it on the sleeves. Trim was added to add a bit of color to the drab olive. 
Next I worked on the body of the coat. The back was sewn together and the shoulder seams were sewn. After that I pinned in the sleeves with about 20 pins in each and sewed them in. I just need to steam the sleeve caps to have the seams lay correctly. 
Nellie decided to model it as is. It looks like a sack as the side seams haven't been sewn. 

Knitting

I knit on the dog's sweater last night. I have 4-6 rows left before I can cast off both the upper and under parts. Having them both on the same needle has been great as I can see how much more I had to knit on the upper part of the sweater. 

Today

The goal is to start cleaning the living room, shop for some groceries and sew on the doll's coat. Tonight I hope to finish the two pieces of the dog's sweater and start on the collar. 
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment