Thursday, February 27, 2020

Another Digitizing Lesson Done

Yesterday started out cloudy but the sun did shine. The high got to 7C. Today is cloudy and we wait for snow and rain. It was forecasted to start at 11 pm but now it's 11 a.m. Will it happen? Who knows.

Lifestyle

The laundry was folded yesterday. The rest of the routine was scrapped as we had to go out for a while. It wasn't expected but it had to happen. 

Sewing

I finished lesson 4 on Chatty Chicken. 
It was the PC's turn and I'm learning a lot. I am saving the videos as they are valuable for when I go back to do other pictures. I have learned so much about digitizing and may do a month of her lessons online. I find it takes about 30 minutes a day to do three different files on 2 computers. 
I finished sandwiching the table runner/topper and drew lines 1" apart down the center square. All the rows are stitched. I hate this part as I don't do free motion very well and doing straight lines on large pieces is boring. I wanted to do a bit of a pattern on the border but am only going to do one straight line. Then I can bind it and put it in the hand stitching pile for when I have to watch the machine embroider. Then onto the smaller runner. 
I have a pattern to test in March. It is a Regency era doll's dress. Shari Fuller of Thimbles and Acorns has asked the group to test it as she is updating it. 
If I have time, I would like to do this pattern also. 
I've had it for almost 4 years and need to get a move on and try it out. Fabric will have to be bought for parts of it. I will do a search in the doll's fabric to see what I have so I will only have to buy some and not all. 

Knitting

I finally got the mitten out and had to start over again on the cream one. I went up 2 needle sizes. The first mitten is ready to decrease. I'll do the 2nd mitten before doing the thumbs. 

Today

I have to do lesson 5 of the chicken, housework, sewing and knitting. 
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment