Tuesday, February 11, 2020

A 3 Hour Shopping Day; Travel Included

Yesterday we had mainly snow flurries during the day with a bit of rain about 4 p.m. The high was 2.5C. This morning it is 0C and cloudy. Snow is be here later this afternoon and overnight. They are forecasting up to 15 cm of snow by morning. 

Lifestyle

As it wasn't snowing a lot, I headed into Bedford to shop. I got new wiper blades for the car. I also went to Fabricville to take advantage of their big sale and then to the grocery store. Home by 11:30 a.m. The roads were good on the way in and I had about 15 km of road that was okay in one lane and snowy in the passing lane. 
The power was out for about 30 minutes around 3 p.m. so we headed over to son's to deliver his muslin for banners. The power came on as we were leaving. 

Sewing

I did shop yesterday and got a few items for me. New lace trim was in so I got 3 pieces of it. Buttons for the wall hanging and for the reusable bags I make. Two pillow forms. All 50% off. I did buy a piece of light weight wool and faux ultra suede for doll's coats. Both were 75% off. I'm ready to test two doll coats when the designer is ready to post them. I'm hoping there will be enough to make a jacket of each piece. The wool is a sort of brownish mossy green. I need to buy a piece of cotton for the trim to give it a bit of color. This fabric will be gone before May.  
I did go down to the sewing room for a few hours yesterday afternoon. I put the buttons on daughter-in-law's wall hanging. 
I had an issue with my wall hanging so I picked out all the embroidery stitches and the fabric is ready to starch and start over again. 
Lastly I glued velcro to grandson's pouch for his diabetic supplies. A zipper broke and can't be fixed. I have it clipped in place while it dries. Today I'll know if it worked. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night. I read instead. I was tired and not feeling well. I'm still fighting the cold. 

Today

I plan on doing some housework and then sew on the bag I need to deliver on the 13th. I hope I can knit tonight. If not, I'll read. 
Until the next time................................

No comments:

Post a Comment