Saturday, February 08, 2020

Another Day Another Storm

Yesterday was the full meal deal with weather. We had snow on Thursday and overnight, there was a good amount of freezing rain fell. The temperature rose, it rained and then the wind came howling in. It snowed a bit during the night. We went from 8C last evening to -6C this morning. 

Lifestyle

Thursday I drove to Dartmouth and home in snowy conditions. I was tired when we got home. The Spousal Unit's appointment went well. He has Basal Cell Carcinoma and will be seeing a plastic surgeon to have them removed. The dermatologist will be seeing him twice or three times a year to monitor his condition. 
Yesterday I was a kid in a candy shop. After doing some housework I headed out to shovel the ice/snow off the deck. It thrilled me to hear the sheets hit the ground and shatter. The noise was louder than I thought. I headed around to the front of the house to help clear the driveway.
We had about 1/3 of the job one when our friend came over to help. We shoveled the snow off the driveway and it would slide down the slope into the ditch where it would break up. More noise. When done, the Spousal Unit put a good coating of salt on the driveway. 
I cooked a turkey yesterday and we will freeze most of the meat for future meals. I will cook the carcass into soup. Nothing will go to waste. 

Sewing

I did get the next pattern cut out the other day. I started sewing it yesterday. The bodice is sewn together with the collar basted on. The bodice lining is sewn and ready to be attached to the bodice. It is a lovely pattern to work on. I tried it on Kit and the fit is excellent. Pictures to come when I have the skirt attached.

Knitting

I haven't knit in two nights. I've been too tired to even look at it. I've read and watched movies. 

Today

The turkey will be packaged up for the freezer and then I can focus on sewing. I would love to get the dress done or almost done today. Tonight I would like to knit if I'm not too tired. 
Until the next time.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment