Friday, February 14, 2020

A Piping Kind of Day

Yesterday was a day of wondering---what is the weather going to do. The warning was for lots of snow and we got very little. More like flurries. Some big fluffy flakes and at other times almost rain. It did snow a bit during the night and is cool at -10C this morning. Cool all day today with colder tonight (-19C they say). 

Lifestyle

I worked in the kitchen yesterday morning. I got the counters scrubbed and a drawer wiped out. It was dirtier than I liked. I also got the dining area ready so I can wash a bunch of floors. 
As there was no school yesterday due to the snow warning, the boys across the street were out most of the day playing in the snow. It is always fun to watch them. 

Sewing

We delivered the cloth bag yesterday afternoon and the lady cried when she saw it. She absolutely loved it and wants to order another one. 
The time spent in the sewing room was to make piping for daughter. I got two lengths done for her. 
The first piece was the left over mustard colored fabric I used for the pocket of the last reading pillow. I got 3 meters out of it. 
The second piece is from the Halloween tub and I used half of the fabric, leaving enough for another project. I got 4 meters of piping from it. 
I had some pieces of fabric left over from piping on a boot bag. I cut it down to 1" in width and made 1/2" bias tape out of it. I basted it to hold it firmly in place. 
It gives the drab wool a bit of life. I have more of the fabric to make a small ruffle for the hat. I can make more of the bias tape if I choose to put it on the sleeves. I'm thinking that may happen. 

Knitting

I got to where I need to be on the underpart of the dog's sweater. But, the top part is too short. I unknit it carefully and am ready to move forward on it. I have about 3" to knit before I start the shoulder decreases. 

Today

More housework this morning along with laundry. This afternoon I want to cut out the test pattern and start sewing it. I know it will take time as I plan on hand sewing a lot of it prior to sewing. Tonight will be more knitting. 
Until the next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment