Saturday, February 22, 2020

Another Project Done

Yesterday was another cool sunny day. The high got to -5C and it cooled off to -11C last night. A bit warmer this morning at -9C. We are now to warm up for several days. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I did laundry, vacuumed all the floors and washed some. The kitchen got cleaned up. In the late afternoon, I made a Greek salad for grandson's birthday dinner. A busy day upstairs. 

Sewing

I spent a bit of time before lunch cleaning up the sewing room. The cutting table was cleaned up and a bunch of fabric put away. Only embroidery thread to put away now that a project is done. I started the project while cleaning up. 
In the afternoon, the embroidery project was completed while I cut fabric into bias strips for piping. The piping is for daughter and I decided to start by laundering the pink and peach fabrics. 
The embroidery project went well while I was cutting and I only had to sit with it at the end as several of the colors only stitch out for a minute each. After the embroidery was done, I finished up the wall hanging and pinned the binding in place for hand sewing. 
Now to locate the red heart buttons. All the fabric is used up and the scraps are in the garbage bin. 

Knitting

I lost at yarn chicken on the doll's sweater I am knitting. Nine inches left when I was ready to cast off. As the yarn has cream in it, I will get out some cream yarn for casting off. The sweater is cute and perfect for casual wear. And, all the yarn is gone which makes me happy. 

Today

It is the first of 2 or 3 days of paper work in the morning and sewing piping and a doll's portable closet in the afternoon. I will start with the darkest fabric, then the closet and then the peach fabric. Tonight I want to finish the doll's sweater so I can photograph it on Sunday. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment