Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Still Sewing and Knitting

We've had interesting weather here. Yesterday got to 5C. Saturday started out at -21C. Today it is -11C and sunny. There are clouds coming in with snow or rain tonight and tomorrow. We still have snow on the ground which is fine.

Lifestyle

I was going to head to the city on Saturday but it was too cold. Instead, the Spousal Unit and I went on Sunday. Left to be at Costco for 10 a.m. opening. In and out and then to Walmart which was the same. Home by noon. In the afternoon we went to the library. 
Yesterday we had supper at families and it was delicious. We also had a good time laughing and joking. 

Sewing

I've been working on the doll's coat slowly. I did the overcast stitch on the hem of the coat as I'm not wanting to use the serger. I started cutting out the lining and made the collar. Lots of hand basting to get it looking good. 
The pattern is well drafted and can be worn over a dress. I am thinking that a cute scarf and mitts (cream colored) will be perfect for this coat. 
I am hoping that I will be done this coat by Friday as I will be starting Christmas sewing after that. I'd like to be done on Thursday. 

Knitting

I finished the dog's sweater and realized that the collar was put on wrong. I carefully removed it and put it on correctly. 
I will not be making this sweater again. I'm not pleased with it other than the pattern is nice. 
I am now knitting a child's hat to use up some of the worsted weight stash. It is quite cute and I may make it again in a smaller size in the same color. I'm waiting for a test pattern so am doing fun knitting while waiting. 

Today

We are home so I will do some housework and then sew on the doll's coat. The hat will be tonight's project though I won't get it finished. Or I'll be surprised if I do. 
Until the next time................................

No comments:

Post a Comment