Friday, February 28, 2020

Sew and Rip It Out

Yesterday's weather started off cloudy and then at 11 a.m. ice pellets began to fall. Between it and rain, we had a lovely coating of slush and ice on everything. The high was 2.5C. This morning we woke to 0C and snowing. It has since stopped and the clouds are lifting. A cloudy day with temperatures between 0 and -1C. 

Lifestyle

I did some housework and laundry yesterday. I was tired as my IBS has flared up again. It was a push day to get some housework done. 
While I was getting ready to check on the neighbor's son, the Spousal Unit salted the driveway and front area. He scraped the front area before dinner so the slush wouldn't freeze. 

Health

I'm not sure why my IBS has flared up again but I'm going back to basic eating and small portions. I will cut back to rice and chicken over the next 24 hours so my system can calm down. 

Sewing

I did lesson 4 of the chicken. The feet were filled in. 
I am enjoying the process and am learning a lot. Doing it several times helps me remember the process. Today's lesson is filling in the body. 
I also worked on the table runner/topper. I was not happy with the results so I ripped out the outer stitching. I'm still not happy so will be doing more. Then I will hand baste the topper prior to doing more stitching. No pictures as I left the room in a bit of a bad mood.

Knitting

I didn't knit last night as I was too tired. I am going to test a new pattern. I haven't done any of her patterns before. 
I am looking forward to knitting this pattern due to the ribbons on the raglan sleeves. Very cute. 

Today

More housework, sewing, and out this evening. Grandson's in a play at school and we are going to it. 
Until the next time....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment