Sunday, February 23, 2020

Paper Work, Piping, and Projects Finished

Though yesterday's high only got to 2C, the sunshine was gorgeous. This morning it is -5C and the high is to get to 5C. And, it is going to be another sunny day. 

Lifestyle

The first day of paperwork is done. Not as bad as I thought it would be. Two more days and I'm finished. 
I heard from a school buddy last night. We haven't talked in many years as we both moved from the area. We were both teachers. What was sad was she was living in Kamloops when we were. It would have been nice to connect with her when we lived there. We will continue to email each other. 

Sewing

I joined a group to learn how to digitize embroidery. My software is the the ultra level (had to go that way to upgrade) and I'm having issues getting the first lesson done. I'm going to be asking for help. 
I made piping for daughter yesterday. The two pieces of fabric yielded 7 meters of piping. 
I still have two more lots of piping cut out and ready to go. But, I won't have enough cording to make it all. 
While sewing the piping, I watched a hoarder's show. The person collected dolls (1000 of them), fabric, thread, and other crafting items. What was amazing was everything was organized into plastic tubs and the dolls were in their original boxes. She literally had filled the house except for the kitchen and bathroom. I didn't get to finish watching it but it certainly reminded me that I need to keep working on sewing down my stash. 
On that note, I did sew 2.6 meters of fabric in the past week. Sewing small amounts of fabric doesn't eat up the stash but every bit counts. Total sewn this year is 18.55 meters. 

Knitting

I finished the doll's sweater last night. I call it the barn sweater as I had to cast off in a cream colored wool. 
I didn't set up the mitts last night but read instead. 

Today

Laundry, paperwork, sewing and knitting. I get to start Christmas sewing today so will be hauling out the fabrics to make a start. I will be measuring for a table topper and a runner for the antique server. I have to draw a circle to make daughter's tree skirt. I will be doing a lot of rolled hemming on it. I do have the luxury of Christmas sewing until March 1 as I have finished all the projects I wanted to make. I'll probably alternate between it and a few other small projects. 
Until the next time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment