Monday, February 03, 2020

February's Reading Pillow Started

Yesterday's weather was one you don't really remember. It was that grey, windy, cool weather that leaves no impression in your mind. The small snow flurry in the afternoon did. The high got to 0C and this morning it is -4C. Hopefully we will see a bit of sunshine today.

Lifestyle

I did the budget yesterday. It wasn't hard doing it. After it was done, the Spousal Unit and I talked about everything; finances, water usage, and groceries. It was a good discussion giving us goals for the next few months. We also did menu planning and I got a rough plan done for cleaning the house. 
We both worked on the puzzle yesterday. I did a bit here and there. It is coming along slowly. 

Health

Weight Watchers ended my usage of the app but it isn't stopping me from loosing weight. I'll use my journal to track how I am doing. I will go digital later on but at the moment I'm trying on my own. My weight has gone down almost 2.5 lbs since Thursday. 
One of the things I have started to work on is the why, how, what of loosing weight. I have my why. The other two are in rough draft as I'm learning a few things as I think and read. One is to tweak my loosing weight to me not me to the rigidity of a diet. The other is looking at some of the good things I've done while loosing weight (eating a salad with protein rather than a hamburger). It is coming along slowly. 

Sewing

I spent about 3 hours in the sewing room yesterday. It was very productive and I'm happy with the results. I had stitched out a second Snow wall hanging so I got it done to hand sewing down the binding. I will do that when the machine is embroidering. Once it was complete, I cut out the front of the next reading pillow. It is now cross hatched. 
You can't see the stitching very well as I chose a pale yellow thread as I wanted the fabric's design to show. I laid the other fabrics on the front for the pocket and decided on this combination. 
The left over piece of the pocket fabric will be piping for daughter. There won't be any left which is great. 

Knitting

I finished the scarf last night. 
The top part is the neckline and the bottom covers your neck and chest. You bunch it up around your neck after you pull it over your head. It is ready to deliver to daughter-in-law.
Next up is a shawl for the doll outfit I made and then onto the sweater for daughter's dog. It keeps me busy at night. 

Today

It is clean the bedrooms day. Once done, I will sew on the reading pillow with hopes of finishing it. Tonight is knitting on the doll's shawl. 
Until the next time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment