Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Another Design Stitched Out

Yesterday's weather was one that was grey. By 4 p.m. it started to snow and it has been snowing ever since. I would guess we have between 5-6" of snow on the ground and it is still snowing. Temperature hovered around 0C all day.

Lifestyle

I did some housework in the morning. The bedroom and bathroom plus the sheets. The floors were vacuumed. We headed out to put a parcel in the mail and get a few groceries. The store was busy as people were shopping for the storm. 
Later in the afternoon I helped daughter-in-law get their two vehicles home. I picked up grandson from school on my way to their place. We had a lovely chat on the way home about Spirit Week at school. 
At home, we watched the snow fall until dark. 

Sewing

I started to cut out the lining for the bag and put one piece on to embroider. It is a hummingbird in memory of her lady's mom. This bag is sold. 
I bought the pattern yesterday morning on a whim and wondered how it would stitch out. It took 32 minutes and is a beautifully digitized pattern. While it stitched out, I cut out the rest of the bag. 
I bought two other patterns that I am fooling around with. I can see one on a bag which I'm looking forward to stitching out. Not this month though as I have my wall hanging to make. 
I fooled around with a couple of designs from another designer trying to get the colors worked out for tea towels for our kitchen. 
The idea is there but not sure if I like the browns. I'm still thinking on it. 
I'd change the light blue to a medium blue and the green to a wheat color. I am at the point of buying a set of tea towels and matching the threads to them. The second one I can see in a hoop on the wall. A lot of ideas floating around in my head. 

Knitting

I finished the back of the dog's sweater last evening. I'm quite in love with it. 
Next is the under part which gets sewn together at the shoulders (decreased part). Finally a neckband. 

Today

It's a home day for us. Snow needs to shoveled and I need to sew on the bag. It has to be delivered tomorrow afternoon. I will cast on the next part of the dog's sweater. 
Until the time.......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment