Wednesday, February 05, 2020

A Day Out and About

Yesterday's weather was lovely. There was a lot of sunshine, little wind, and the high was 4C. This morning it is 1C and it is suppose to be sunny with clouds and flurries thrown in for good measure. 

Lifestyle

It was our day out and about yesterday. We started with doctor's appointments and ended up at the library. We got apples, visited the books store, did a bit of grocery shopping, had lunch out, and did the fabric store between the two. It was a great day which we both enjoyed. 
The library was excited to receive their pillow and I don't have to do the next one until mid March. 

Health

The Spousal Unit's visit to the doctor was fine. Short and sweet with test results being great. My blood pressure was in the good range (hurrah); first time in 2 years. My thyroid results showed it to be hyper. I got a medication decrease for the next 3 months. Not sleeping well at night and being hot are two signs of my thyroid being over active. 
I have been working on my Why for weight loss. I was told that "Being healthy" was a great why. But it isn't specific enough to meet. Even adding to it is vague. So I thought about more specific goals to meet.

  • Keep my A1C (blood sugar test) below 6.0%. Above is moving towards Type 2 diabetes. 
  • Stop taking blood pressure medication (this has worked before)
  • See if my thyroid medication will stabilize to a regulated dosage and not be up and down like a yo-yo.
I am now working on the How (do I do this) part. I'm trying to come up with specific obtainable statements I can live by. It is hard as I want to be able to live with these statements for a long time. 

Sewing

I had a great time at the fabric store yesterday. I looked all over for fabrics as they changed the store around. It was like being in a new shop. While looking for fabric for a bag I've sold and wall hangings I want to make, I found the fabric I used for daughter-in-law's towel and a piece for the dolls. But, as I wandered up and down the aisles, I pulled fabric for daughter. Here is what she bought. 
I had the best time as I hadn't done this for months. I also go her the cording for more piping. 

Knitting

The doll's shawl is done and I will do pictures today. I think it can also be a scarf which is great. I love dual purpose items. 
I also started a sweater for daughter's dog. It is going to be quite cute and the pattern is easy to follow. I wrote it out in my knitting book so I can look at it while knitting. 
The color is washed out in the lights as it is darker and richer then shown. You can just see the pattern as I've only done 1 repeat. 

Today

We are home today so the bathroom gets scrubbed down, washer and dryer wiped along with two loads of laundry done. The afternoon will be spent sewing a doll's dress (test pattern) and tonight we are out for son's birthday dinner. A busy home day. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment