Saturday, June 16, 2018

Time on the Deck

We are having some nice weather with the occasional wet day. It is nice to see (and hope) summer is coming quickly to Nova Scotia. 

Lifestyle

I have been under the weather for almost a week. Nothing serious but I'm thinking it is an old problem flaring up or a touch of the flu that comes and goes. 
After a morning of shopping with Daughter-in-law, I spent the afternoon knitting on the deck. I put up the umbrella and enjoyed the lovely day. I needed the time outside relaxing. 

Sewing

The zipper I ditched I dug out of the trash and fixed it. I put it into the top I am testing. I hated the metal zipper when I pinned it in. Made the top look cheap and ugly. Mission accomplished. 
The sleeves are in the top and I'm ready to do the cuffs. If I'm feeling better this afternoon I will try to finish the top. 
The last pattern for the Edwardian sew along came out on Thursday. I need to print the pattern and cut it out. Fabric has been chosen and I need the time to work on the dratted pleats. This is the last week of the sew along and I'm rather happy it is over. The patterns are in bags and stored in their own file folder for future reference. Maybe down the road I will make them again. 

Knitting

I decided to knit the Eyelet Beret for Laura's outfit. It is free on Raverly. I started it out on one size needle and it was too small. Unknit and grabbed what I thought was the next size needle and I went up 2 sizes instead. The hat was too big. 

I will add the big one to some clothes I am going to put in with Kate. Her head is bigger than Laura's and her hair is very curly and she needs a larger sized hat. 
After much hunting I found the tips I wanted and knit the hat last night. A much better fit. 

I need to put ribbon through the eyelets and mission accomplished. I have three tested hat patterns I can make for Gotz dolls. I will slowly test a couple of patterns for AG dolls. I do have one hat pattern tested for them. 
I am working on the Russian dress. The skirt is getting bigger around and I think I am just over half way done in the number of rows. I want to knit. 

Today

My goal is to clean the dining room, to do and fold laundry. We also have to go into town and order more string for the weed eater. If I am not tired, I will sew on doll clothes. I need to get both outfits  sewn and then back on to the Spousal Unit's shirt. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment