Sunday, June 03, 2018

From Hot to Cold in the Blink of an Eye

If Thursday was warm, Friday was hot. The temperature got to 29C and we sweat like crazy. Saturday started out warm but it went down to 11C in the afternoon. This morning is cool and windy.  

Lifestyle

On Friday we sat outside under the umbrella. 
It was almost to hot and humid to think. But I did work and cleaned the upstairs. It was time to clean up and look tidy again. 
Yesterday was a trip to Dartmouth to return a desk top, get groceries, and be home by noon. I had a nap and then we went out to get a few items on sale. We wore our warm coats when we went out as it had cooled off considerably. 
I haven't lost any weight for a couple of days so am going to do things a bit differently today. I want to drink more fluids so will put on a pot of tea to drink while I do housework and sew. I also plan on sticking right to my points. With dinners planned for the week, it should be easier to figure out my points earlier in the day. 

Sewing

I did no sewing for 2 days but got some red cotton for the Edwardian bathing suit. I also bought white rick rack to trim it with. The pattern has been enlarged by 7% and I will check the body length as Laura's body is longer than the dolls it is intended for. I am hoping to sew most of it today. I need to work on the Spousal Unit's shirt and doll dresses this month. 

Knitting

I bought 3.5 knitting needles so I can knit the Mirabella sweater for this month's knit along. That is all I needed to get for this project as the yarn was on hand. 
I did knit on the Russian dress skirt last night. I had unknit it to row 1 and then started again. I think I am on row 16 or 17. Need to knit 23 or 24 more rows. The needles will be full as you increase 36 stitches every other row. 
The lady who engineered this pattern has done another design for the top of the dress. The pattern gives it a sweetheart neckline. I will be doing it later on. In the mean time I have several other ideas rolling in my mind that need to be knit and sewn. 
Today is tidy up and fold laundry and then I will sew the Edwardian bathing suit. We have to prepare everything so we can cover the garden as it is suppose to go to -1F overnight. Our evening is covered. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment