Monday, June 25, 2018

Out and About on Sunday

Yesterday started off with some rain and then turned sunny and warm. Today we have it cooler and a 1/2" of rain fall at 7 a.m. An hour later and we've had another 1/4" fall. 

Lifestyle

Our garden is growing rapidly. It is amazing how much it grows in a week. Everyone is looking forward to the vegetables when they are ready. One of the first will be beets. 
We went out to watch the barrel racing held at the Exhibition grounds in Windsor. We had a great time watching and met some people with a border collie we called Jilly Girl after our Jill. 
She wouldn't look up as she was focused on the fries just out of the picture. Her favorite thing was to watch the barrel racers. 
After, we went to plant Daughter in law's rose bush and talked with them for a bit. We left and went to do more exploring. We ended up at the Look Off. The tide was completely out this trip. 
The view is fabulous but very hard to photograph. This area is full of vegetables for market gardens. There are a lot of green houses in one area. 
On the way home, I stopped to take a picture of another old home. Built in 1902 (listing states 1870), this home has had extensive renovations done to it and is in immaculate condition. Both inside and outside are true to the era. 
The house is 5300 square feet but I found no history on it when I did a search. Even though the realtor's description is great, there is very little history on it just architectural details and was built by one of Canning's original ship building owners. (Found information on a search -- 

9725 Main Street

Original owners; Albert & Herbert O. Harris. Built c.1902 in the Second Empire style. In 1907 Harris and Nathan Woodworth Eaton traded houses (see #19). Eaton lived here from 1907 to 1930. Note the mansard roof, dentals over windows and under eaves and curved caps over second story windows. (Note the house #19 is not a spectacular home by any stretch of the imagination.)
Some of the trees are old and were probably planted when the house was built. 
Size of lot -- 2 acres, listed price $895K. Location Canning, NS. 

Sewing

I did not sew yesterday. I have been exhausted and cranky with sewing so much in such a short period of time. I needed a rest. I did play with fabric to sooth my soul but other than the doll's dress on the table I have one plan for doll sewing this summer. I am going to sew a 1700's dress for an AG doll. It is going to be a 2.5 month project. These will happen after I get the snaps on the Spousal Unit's shirt. 
I started to play with a pattern to make myself a t-shirt. I chose a New Look pattern 6735.
I bought this pattern when Walmart sold patterns so it has made it through 2 or 3 cuts in the pattern purges. One reason I have kept it is the t-shirt. I will make the 3/4 length sleeve version so I can wear it in the fall. The knit is grey in color and I bought it at a good sale (Buy one meter get 2 or 3 free). I am hoping that I will get a temporary TNT pattern. As it is multi sized, I hope to use this pattern a lot.
Another project that will be on the cutting table this summer is microwaveable soup bowl covers. The fabric has snowflakes on it so perfect for winter. 

Knitting

I am working on a longer length lacy sweater for the dolls. I will be done it this week as it is a fairly easy knit for the first try. I am going to set up a scarf for myself to go with my the t-shirt and jeans I have in my new wardrobe. 
The Russian dress is being blocked. One half at a time as I am measuring to make sure each panel is the same size. 
I will check it today and if not blocked enough respray and let dry. If enough, the second half gets blocked. I am not sure how I will do the bodice. 

Today

Grocery shopping first and then time in the sewing room to do the shirt and tend to the knitted dress. I would love to have a nap due to the dreary weather but it may or may not happen.
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment