Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Project Began and Stopped -- The Zipper

Once again we had frost early this morning. Came in around 5 a.m. to do its damage. Otherwise it was a lovely clear day yesterday and again today. 

Lifestyle

With the thought of frost, we were out last night to cover up the plants once again. We keep hoping this is the last time. The weather forecast says we are but we pay attention to the temperature in the evening. 
The Spousal Unit was out mowing and weed eating the ditch and it looks much better. The ditch is a lot of work as we have so much of it but everyone keeps them cut. Part of living in this county. 

Sewing

I spent many hours in the sewing room sewing up a pattern that needs to be tested. I have to read the instructions, look at the pictures, and report any mistakes. I have found 3 so far. 
The fabric I chose is a cotton print and a chambray. 
I had .5 meter of the print and was going to make a hat out of the remaining piece. Not going to happen as I can make a dress. The hat will be in the chambray and I will add a white flower on the brim. 
The pattern is well drafted and goes together well. The only thing I had to do was google shortening the zipper. I need to get zipper stops. 
To shorten a separating zipper, I found a very good video. How to remove the coils tutorial is very good. I will be using both of these to shorten the zipper for this project. Now to find the stops locally prior to buying some for future projects. I will take pictures to show you how I did it. 

Knitting

The body is done on the Mirabella bolero. There is one large yarn over that can be used as a button hole if I choose to do this. 
And a close up of the eyelet edging. 
The first sleeve is done and set up to do the edging for the cuff. I hope to finish the second sleeve and finish sewing it together this evening. 
My next knit will be a hat to go with the bolero and then onto a new bolero pattern. This one will be in finer yarn and knit from the top down. 

Today

The car gets its first service and we will do some shopping. That includes looking for a zipper repair kit for the zipper in my project. 
Until the next time.......................
  

No comments:

Post a Comment