Thursday, August 25, 2016

Some Sewing Done

We have had a variety of weather since I last posted. High winds, rain, thunder, lightening, and sunshine. Our hottest day was 35.7C or 96F and the coolest day was 21.3C or 70F. They were two days apart and we really felt the temperature difference. Our nights are cooler now which is nice.

Lifestyle

Our street is a mess but the majority of the digging is done. We have had no water during part of the day for over a week. But they installed new lines into the houses and new valves at the intersection where we reside. Now they can start getting the road ready for pavement, cement curbs and a sidewalk. All is progressing well.
The Spousal Unit spent yesterday morning having his 5th immune booster IV. It went well and he has his last one Sept. 21. Then he will only have a month to wait until he has his cataract surgery. He is happy about that.
My weight is still coming off though slower now. It seems to be more in the normal weight loss range each week. I am a pound short of having lost 10% of my body weight. I look forward to that happening. I am feeling so much better and look forward to do more as time goes on.

Sewing

I brought one doll home and she got to model the jeans with the attached chaps.
One of the rhinestones fell off the chaps so I need to hot glue it back on. Next on the list is the shirt and the boots need to be ordered.
I bought another doll and will be making her a western outfit that includes a skirt, vest, and top. Both dolls will be displayed at the store.
I made two minion pillows for Grandson and the tutorials are up. I have enough fabric to make him two more pillows but will make Daughter-in-Law another reusable grocery bag as a belated birthday present.
I haven't moved much more out of the sewing room as I am short on space to store it. I think I need to really start using up what I have. So far, I have bought 4 zippers for the cushion covers. No fabric though I do get to do pick another project on Sept. 1. Have it picked out in my mind -- fabric and pattern.

Today

I am off work and have to do laundry, clean house, and make the grocery bag. I am looking forward to a day at home.
Until the next time....................

No comments:

Post a Comment