Friday, August 05, 2016

Chaps and Pants Nearing Completion

Yesterday was warmer than on Wednesday. At 5 p.m. it was 32.5or 90.5F. Today is suppose to be about as warm but includes showers/thunder is in the forecast.

Lifestyle

It was a busy day doing laundry, some housework, and getting a few items before I start work today. We went into one of the many grocery stores in the city and was amazed at their deli and produce sections. We will be back there to shop.
I cleaned out the pantry in the kitchen and it is looking good. I put the slow cooker in the pantry and will put in the roasting pan. That frees up a shelf in the linen closet.
We spent some time cooking some of our potatoes and I made a lovely potato salad for dinner. I had a bit with a home BBQ'd hamburger with sun ripened tomatoes.
The furnace man was out to check out "possible frozen coil" and tweaked the furnace settings for us. The house stayed at the same temperature all day which was nice. The furnace/ac we bought is high tech and they are still learning about this combination. There are not many installed in our community.

Sewing

I had some time to sew the jeans with chaps. It was a lot of work and I am not finished.
Once I got them done to this point, I realized I had to shorten the chaps by 1/2". Then playing started.
I laid on the crystals but they do not belong there. They do look good with the colour of the leather.
I cut some fringe and will glue it onto the chaps and then add the crystals along the top of the chaps and down the side. It shouldn't take long to do once the second leg's fringe is cut and I buy some more crystals.

Today

I start day one of five days in a row. I may or may not get any sewing done. It depends on how I feel at the end of the day.
Until the next time.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment