Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Wind, Wind Go Away

We are in the grips of winter again. Sunday it snowed most of the day and we woke up to rain on Monday morning. Then we had flurries and wind during the day. It stopped in the evening except for the wind. It snowed and blowed last night. This morning, it is clearing but the wind is still blowing. 

Lifestyle

After ignoring the house for a couple of weeks, I decided I needed to do a deep cleaning for the next couple of weeks. Yesterday, I tackled the living room. All the furniture was moved, everything dusted and cleaned and the floor mopped. I put away a lot of knitting items as I was getting into overload on the couch. 

Lifestyle

I was to the doctor's yesterday morning. My thyroid medication was reduced. One of the tests was different this time which means I am producing some of what is needed to keep my thyroid functioning on its own. My blood pressure is normal so we are happy with my medication dose. I'm hoping to reduce the dose as I loose weight. 
I plateaued again this week so am going to increase my protein to see if that will help me loose weight. 

Sewing

I'm working on the blouse for the test pattern and am ready to cut out and set in the sleeves. I'm learning new tricks all the time. Using paper has been wonderful to sew tricky pieces. I'm going to try some cheap tissue paper also. I'm finding I can be more accurate and keep the shape much better than without the paper. 
I am almost finished Design Academy. I need to finish my notes and then think about the designs I want to do. As I go along I am ready to work on both the designs and the construction. Seam finishes, unique design elements such as using a wing needle, pin tucks, and more are calling me. I want to try minimalism, linings, homage and ever so much more. These I will incorporate into the next course - Pattern Academy. 

Knitting

I have joined the scarf into the round and am knitting away. I am watching the amount of yarn left as I need to do 8 rows of garter stitch to finish it off. A couple of thoughts have come out of this pattern; using one size bigger needles, and make sure the yarn is very soft. I'm going to do the next one in an acrylic yarn. 
I love how the increase stitch is done. It gives a very unique look to the center front of the scarf. 
Just before I joined it into the round. 
When the scarf is done, I'm back to knitting socks for grandson. I have to get them done before I can go back to my scarf and another project for the dolls. 

Today

I plan on super cleaning the dining room this morning, get my medications and a few other stops while out. I would love to finish the blouse today if at all possible. 
Until the next time....................

No comments:

Post a Comment