Friday, February 22, 2019

A Full Day of Sewing

It was a snowy day yesterday but it cleared off in the afternoon. It snowed again early this morning. The weatherman says snow again Sunday evening. It is still cool out (-8C) with some wind and snow flurries.  

Lifestyle

We had a lazy day yesterday. The Spousal Unit felt off -- tired and out of sorts and I was just tired. Other than a bit of snow removal, we stayed inside and did our thing. 

Health

When I'm tired, I want to eat. I beat the demon yesterday but it was hard. I did drink more water. With a good night's sleep and determination, I hope to loose at least .5 lb this week. 

Sewing

I sewed on a new doll's outfit yesterday as I'm testing a pattern. I did the shawl which is out of a lovely checked homespun. Then onto the skirt which is red cotton with a homespun look to it. The skirt has a yoke and lower skirt. The lower skirt is pleated. My brain and my hands were not cooperating and it took me over an hour to get 12 pleats in correctly. The skirt is ready to be hemmed and have the waist band completed. Next is the apron which is cut out. 
In the afternoon, I focused on the western shirt. I removed the printed button panel and put on a plain one. The shirt looks much better as shows better proportion between the plain and print. I got the collar sewn on and am ready to trim the neck seam and hand stitch it down prior to top stitching. 
The sleeves are yellow and the cuffs are the print. I'm quite happy with this shirt and my first attempt at sewing it. The next one will be easier. 
I also worked on the principle of surprise and delight for the course I am taking. I am going to work more on this when doing doll clothes -- fun linings, ribbon or fun fabric for inside waistbands, a bit of lace or tulle somewhere. Even bias where you least expect it add an element of surprise. Adding where you least expect it -- the back of the doll clothes. It made me think if I was going to do more zippers in doll clothes so I can add more to the back. I'm still thinking on it. 

Knitting

I knit quite a few rounds on grandson's socks late yesterday afternoon and last night. It was easy to just keep knitting. I'm 15 rounds from starting the heel flaps on both socks. 

Today

Today is grandson's birthday and I have to make him his favorite salad -- greek without the olives. I need to get a few items for it. I hope to sew on the doll's outfit a bit as I would love to start cutting out the blouse and cap soon. I need to get the outfit done early next week so I can start housework again. 
Until the next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment